After deadly Lansdowne house fire, firefighters hand out smoke detectors

Wednesday, 15 November 2017, 03:29:26 PM. After a husband and wife died in a Lansdowne house fire, fire departments went door to door, handing out smoke alarms and talking about fire safety.
In the wake of a Nov. 9 Lansdowne house fire that left two dead, two fire departments held an “After the Fire Walk” on Sunday to discuss fire safety and hand out smoke alarms. “Any time we have a big incident like a house fire like that in the community, we want to … spread the word about fire safety,” Michael Sparks, a spokesman for Lansdowne Volunteer Fire Department, said. Sparks said 14 to 15 people, from the Lansdowne station and Baltimore County Station 5 in Halethorpe, knocked on doors along Ryerson Circle, the street where a house caught fire the morning of Nov. 9. Firefighters handed out pamphlets on fire safety and gave out eight smoke detectors, Sparks said. The companies Dominion Electric and Lansdowne Paint and Hardware donated 16 smoke detectors and 24 nine-volt batteries, Sparks said, adding that the remaining smoke detectors are at the Lansdowne station. He encouraged community members to call the station if they need one. The Nov. 9 fire took place in the 3200 block of Ryerson Circle. Seventeen fire and medic units responded to the fire, the county fire service said. A husband and wife were rescued from the house, both critically injured. Sean Welsh A 67-year-old woman died and her husband was in critical condition after both were pulled from a fire in their Baltimore County home Thursday morning, fire officials said. Fire personnel were dispatched before 8 a.m. to the 3200 block of Ryerson Circle in Lansdowne, officials said. First responders... A...Read more
Share this

You might also like

Similar